I have been obsessed with burritos and wraps lately. They are such a fun way to sneak in veggies and nutrients. This Vegan Crispy Deconstructed Falafel Wrap with Tahini Sauce is my latest wrap recipe and it is so good.
Let's get into the recipe.
This vegan falafel burrito with chickpeas and veggies is
- high in protein and healthy fats
- easy to make
- healthy for you
- perfect for dinner or lunch
Ingredients for deconstructed vegan falafel wrap
- bell pepper
- garlic powder
- maple syrup
How do I store the leftovers?
You can store the leftover filling in the fridge for up to 3 days in the fridge and make the extra burritos as you go. Or, you can prep all the burritos at once and store them in the fridge for up to 2 days or in the freezer for up to a month. I recommend making the burritos as you are eating them as this prevents the wrap from getting soggy.
Other yummy plant based sandwiches and wraps to try:
If you make this Vegan Crispy Deconstructed Falafel Wrap with Tahini Sauce please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me.
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Vegan Crispy Deconstructed Falafel Wrap with Tahini Sauce
This vegan crispy deconstructed falafel wrap with tahini will be your new favorite wrap recipe.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 45 minutes
This makes 3 burritos
- 1 can chickpeas - drained
- 1 small red onion - finely sliced
- 1 red bell pepper - finely sliced
- 1 zucchini - diced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ⅓ cup water
- juice from ½ lemon
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- pinch salt/pepper
- 1 cup parsley - finely chopped (from 1 bunch parsley)
- 3 burrito sized tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add all veggies to a lined sheet pan and toss with oil and spices.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes.
- Mix together tahini sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Once veggies are done cooking, let cool for 5 minutes and then mix with the tahini sauce and parsley. This is your filling.
- Warm 1 tortilla for 30 seconds in the microwave. Add ⅓ of your burrito filling to to your tortillas. Fold burrito style - I recommend googling how to do this. Repeat for each wrap you are making. You can make them all at once or save the filling and make them as you eat them.
- If you want your burrito crispy - air fry at 400 degrees for 6 minutes or roast on a lined sheet pan for 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
We loved these! They are easily made with items I usually have on hand. I rolled the filling into 5 burrito size tortillas and convection baked till firm. Reheated leftovers in the air fryer the next day! I’m definitely making these again!!! Thanks for sharing such an easy and delicious recipe-
Karen of ig: 3plantbasedlosers