Somehow I had never made nice cream at home even though I love it. Randomly last weekend I decided to whip it up on my own and I am so happy I did. This Mint Chocolate Chip Nice Cream (vegan) will be your new obsession. It is fresh and perfect for summer.
Let's get into the recipe
This healthy vegan mint chip ice cream is
- easy to make
- added sugar free
- healthy for you
- fresh and delicious
- a perfect healthy dessert option
What ingredients do I need to make mint chocolate chip nice cream with cacao nibs?
- vegan yogurt
- mint leaves
- cacao nibs
Does nice cream taste like ice cream?
While it does not taste 100% like the real thing, it is pretty close and totally satisfies any ice cream craving you may have. The yogurt really helps to make the nice cream taste more rich.
Is nice cream healthy for you?
This nice cream recipe has no added sugar so it is healthier for you than regular ice cream. I personally do not notice the headache and sugar crash I get after eating real ice cream.
How many servings does this make?
This makes 1-2 servings, depending on how much you want to eat.
Other yummy plant based treats to try
If you make this mint chocolate chip nice cream (vegan), please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Mint Chocolate Chip Nice Cream (vegan)
This mint chocolate chip nice cream (vegan) is an amazing vegan treat.
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5
This makes 1-2 servings depending on how much you want to eat
- 2 medium or 3 small bananas cut into small slices and frozen (about 2 cups)
- 2 tbsp vegan yogurt (coconut is best)
- 8-10 fresh mint leaves (or ¼ tsp peppermint extract)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 2-4 tablespoon cacao nibs (can sub chocolate chips if you prefer)
- Add the first 4 ingredients to a high powered blender. Blend on low until bananas have started to break down, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. Turn the blender up to high and blend until smooth.
- Mix in cacao nibs and enjoy.