It is hard for me to pick a favorite vegetable - but I have to go with sweet potatoes. They are so versatile and the flavor to me is on point. I typically like to sauté them in a hash, but I decided to mix them up a do a Greek Lentil Stuffed Baked Sweet Potatoes (vegan) this time.
Greek food is one of my favorites, so naturally I made a greek inspired sweet potato. The yogurt sauce pairs perfectly with the lentils. This is one of my favorite meals I have made in a while, so much so that I made it twice this week.
Why you'll love this recipe
- It is vegan, gluten free and high in plant based protein
- It is easy to make
- The herby yogurt sauce is packed with flavor
- The fiber and probiotics in the recipe are healthy for your gut
- sweet potato
- tomato sauce
- vegan yogurt
- olive oil
Instructions to make stuffed sweet potato with yogurt sauce
Cook sweet potatoes until tender.
Add all filling ingredients to a pan and cook until cooked through.
Make sauce by adding all sauce ingredients to a bowl and mixing.
Top sweet potatoes with filling and sauce.
- Vegan yogurt - can be subbed with greek yogurt if not vegan
- Sweet potatoes - can be subbed with spaghetti squash
- Dill or parsley - basil or mint can also be subbed
Other yummy plant based recipes to try
- Buffalo chickpea stuffed baked sweet potato
- Vegan red lentil curry with sweet potato and kale
- Vegan smoked tofu burrito bowl
If you try this Greek Lentil Stuffed Baked Sweet Potatoes (vegan) please leave me a rating and review on this post, this is the best way to support me!
MAKE SURE TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU!Print
Greek Lentil Stuffed Baked Sweet Potatoes (vegan)
These greek lentil stuffed baked sweet potatoes are a delicious plant based meal.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top and oven
- Cuisine: greek fusion
This makes 1-2 servings Sweet potato
- 1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes - cut in half long ways
- 1 shallot or ½ an onion - finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 ¼ cups cooked lentils (about ¾ cup dried, can use canned lentils)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 cup tomato sauce (I used Rao's)
- salt/pepper to taste
- ½ cup vegan yogurt (I suggest coconut)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- juice from ½ lemon
- 1 garlic clove - minced
- ¼ cup chopped dill or parsley
- salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat your sweet potato in a splash of oil and salt/pepper. Roast face down for 40-50 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and shallot. Cook for 5-7 minutes until onion has softened. Add all remaining stuffing ingredients and stir until combined. Cook for 3 more minutes and then remove from heat.
- Mix together your sauce ingredients in a small bowl, set aside.
- Let sweet potatoes cool slightly and then top with stuffing and sauce.
Keywords: Greek Lentil Stuffed Baked Sweet Potatoes (vegan), stuffed sweet potato, greek stuffed sweet potato