Vegan Smoked Tofu Burrito Bowl
There was a time in my life when I would go to Chipotle multiple times a week (embarrassing I know). I was obsessed with their tofu burrito bowl. Now, I love cooking and love to make my own nutrient dense burrito bowls at home. This vegan smoked tofu burrito bowl rivals chipotle burrito bowls and is so easy to make.
This recipe makes multiple servings so it is perfect for cooking for a significant other, or for meal prepping. Let's get into it.
This smoked tofu recipe is
- Easy to make
- High protein
- Packed with veggies and fiber
How to make this smoked tofu recipe
- Crumble your tofu and coat it in spices and aromatics.
- Roast tofu until brown.
- Cook red onion, bell pepper, garlic and lime until soft.
- Combine tofu with brown rice, veggies and avocado. Serve!
What you need for this recipe
- Chili powder
- Black pepper
- Soy sauce
- Maple syrup
- Olive oil
- Liquid smoke
- Red onion
- Bell pepper
- Brown Rice
Other delicious and easy plant based recipes to try
If you make this Vegan Smoked Tofu Burrito Bowl please leave me a rating and review on this post, this is the best way to support me!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 35 minutes
This makes enough for 2-3 burrito bowls
- 1 block firm tofu - pressed and crumbled
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil or other oil
- 1 small red onion - finely sliced
- 1 green bell pepper - finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- juice from ½ lime
- salt/pepper to taste
- Cooked brown rice or grain of choice
- Finely chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add crumbled tofu to a bowl and toss with spices and all other tofu ingredients until fully combined.
- Add tofu to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper or silicone. Baked for 30-35 minutes or until tofu has started to brown.
- While tofu is baking, cook your veggies. Add red onion to a skillet on medium heat with a splash of oil. Cook for 8 minutes until onion has started to soften. Add garlic, bell pepper, lime, salt and pepper. Cook for 10 more minutes.
- Add cooked tofu to a bowl with brown rice and veggies. Top with avocado and chopped cilantro.
Leave a Reply