This Warm Butternut Squash Brussel Sprout Salad will be your new favorite fall salad. It is full of fall flavors thanks to the butternut squash and brussels sprouts. The maple miso dressing is also to die for, it is the perfect salty sweet combination. Since this is a no lettuce salad it can also be stored with dressing and not get soggy.
I love salads so much. I make salads several times a week both for full meals and sides.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make.
The lemon honey mustard dressing is delicious - you will want to drink it!
It is bursting with fall flavor thanks to the butternut squash and brussels.
It is the perfect warm fall salad.
The recipe is vegetarian, gluten free and egg free.
- butternut squash - Butternut squash adds sweet starchy flavor.
- brussels sprouts - Brussels add a fibrous base.
- paprika - Paprika adds depth of flavor.
- garlic powder - Garlic powder adds depth of flavor.
- apple cider vinegar - This adds acidity to the dressing.
- olive oil - Olive oil is the base to the dressing.
- miso paste - Miso paste adds rich umami flavor.
- maple syrup - Maple syrup adds sweetness to the dressing and fall flavor.
- feta - Feta adds saltiness.
- cranberries - Cranberries add sweetness and texture.
- chickpeas - Chickpeas add protein.
- mint - Mint adds freshness to the salad.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- butternut squash - You can sub in sweet potato.
- olive oil - You cans sub in avocado oil.
- feta - You can omit this or use vegan feta or goat cheese.
- maple syrup - You can sub in honey.
- apple cider vinegar - Any culinary vinegar works here.
- cranberries - Any dried fruit works here.
- miso paste - You can sub in ½ the amount of soy sauce.
Mix together dressing.
Toss together salad and enjoy.
Use fresh mint for best results.
Use high quality olive oil for the most flavorful dressing. I love Brightland olive oil or Thrive Market olive oil.
If you want to make this salad vegan use vegan feta.
Store the extra salad in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 3 days.
Yes but it is full of complex carbs and fiber.
Miso is made of fermented soy beans or sometimes chickpeas.
Other salad recipes
If you make this Warm Butternut Squash Brussel Sprout Salad, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you.
Warm Butternut Squash Brussel Sprout Salad
- 2 ½ cups butternut squash cut into tiny cubes from about ½ of a large butternut squash
- 2 ½ cups quartered brussels sprouts from about 20 brussels
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½-1 teaspoon salt
- pinch black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 ½ tablespoons maple syrup adjust to your preference
- 1 clove garlic - grated or minced
Other salad ingredients
- ¾ block feta - crumbled
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup finely chopped mint
- 1 can chickpeas - drained
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add butternut squash and brussels to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Toss in oil, spices and salt/pepper. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a bowl and mix until just combined.
- Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl and toss with dressing. Divide out and serve.