This cucumber sweet pepper and avocado salad with lemon honey mustard dressing will be your new favorite summer side salad. It is full of summer flavors thanks to the dill and lemon honey mustard dressing. This salad can be made in less than 15 minutes and is the perfect side salad to any protein.
I love salads so much. I make salads several times a week both for full meals and sides.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make.
The lemon honey mustard dressing is delicious - you will want to drink it!
It is bursting with summer herby flavor thanks to the dill.
It is the perfect summer side salad.
The recipe is vegetarian, dairy free and egg free.
- cucumbers - Cucumbers add fresh crunch to this recipe
- avocado - Avocado adds creaminess and healthy fats, make sure they are ripe.
- dill - Dill adds herby flavor to this recipe. Fresh dill is a must for this recipe.
- jalapeno - Jalapeno adds spice to this salad but it can be omitted.
- sweet peppers - Peppers add crunchy sweetness to this salad. You can use bell pepper if desired.
- olive oil - Olive oil is the base for the dressing.
- lemons - Lemons add acidity to our dressing.
- honey - Honey adds a subtle sweetness.
- garlic - Garlic adds additional flavor to our dressing.
- gustard - Mustard adds tanginess and flavor to the dressing.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- honey - you can sub this with maple syrup
- sweet peppers - you can sub these with bell peppers
- olive oil - you can sub avocado oil
Mix together dressing.
Toss together salad and dressing.
Serve and enjoy.
Use a ripe avocado for best results.
Use high quality olive oil for the most flavorful dressing. I love Brightland olive oil.
Store the extra salad in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 3 days.
Cucumber salad is the best way to use up a lot of cucumbers in my opinion!
Although it can vary by recipe this recipe does not have any dairy in the honey mustard sauce.
Avocados are full of vitamins and keep you full longer thanks to the fiber and healthy fats.
Other salad recipes
For another delicious salad recipe try my friend Krista's arugula quinoa salad.
If you make this Cucumber Sweet Pepper and Avocado Salad with Lemon Honey Mustard Dressing, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me! Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Cucumber Sweet Pepper and Avocado Salad with Lemon Honey Mustard Dressing
- 5 mini cucumbers - sliced or sub 2 normal sized ones
- 1 ripe avocado - diced
- 1 jalapeno - minced with seeds removed omit if sensitive to spice
- 1 bunch dill - finely chopped
- 2-3 medium sweet peppers sub bell pepper if desired
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 lemons - juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove - minced
- 1 teaspoons mustard
- pinch salt - to taste
- pinch black pepper - to taste
- First make your dressing by adding all dressing ingredients to a bowl and whisking until smooth. Set aside.
- Add all salad ingredients to a bowl. Pour dressing over and toss to combine. Add additional salt and pepper if needed.