Curried Lentil Salad with Cashew Dressing (vegan)
With warmer weather upon us in Austin I am craving all of the fresh salad recipes. Even though it is getting warmer, some of the best salad ingredients are not yet in season. Produce like cauliflower, carrots and radishes are all in season right now so I utilized them in this Curried Lentil Salad with Cashew Dressing (vegan).
Let's get into the recipe.
This curried lentil salad is
- easy to make
- dressed with a curry cashew sauce
- plant based
- dairy free
- gluten free
- packed with veggies and fiber
- high in protein
What do I need to make this curried lentil salad?
- curry powder
- maple syrup
- apple cider vinegar
How do I store the leftovers?
This salad can be stored in your fridge for 3-4 days in a sealed container. Since there are no leafy greens in this salad it will not get soggy.
Other yummy vegan salad recipes to try
What can I substitute in this recipe?
- If you are sensitive to nuts cashews can be subbed with ¼ cup tahini
- apple cider vinegar can be subbed with rice wine vinegar or another culinary grade vinegar
- mint can be subbed with another herb
- carrots and radishes can be subbed with any other crunchy vegetable
How many servings does this recipe make?
This makes 3-4 servings of salad, depending on how hungry you are. This recipe is perfect for meal prep or to share with a friend.
If you make this Curried Lentil Salad with Cashew Dressing (vegan) please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 35 minutes
This makes 3-4 servings of salad
- 1 head cauliflower - cut into florets
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- oil of choice
Curry Cashew Dressing
- ½ cup cashews (soaked for 1 hour in water, this is optional but helps the cashews blend better)
- 1 cup water
- ¼ jalapeno with seeds removed (add more or less according to your spice preference)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 tsp curry
- ½ tsp cumin
- salt/pepper to taste
Other salad ingredients
- 3 cups cooked brown, green or black lentils (can use canned)
- 1 bunch radishes - finely sliced
- ½ cup mint - finely chopped (can sub another herb of choice)
- 2 carrots - finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add cauliflower florets to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Evenly coat cauliflower in oil and spices. Roast for 30 minutes.
- While cauliflower is roasting, make your cashew dressing. Add all dressing ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Mix lentils, radishes, mint, carrots, roasted cauliflower and cashew dressing together. Divide out and serve.