Lentils are one of my favorite sources of plant based protein. They are delicious and so versatile. This Black Lentil Acorn Squash Kale Salad with Maple Miso Mustard Dressing (vegan) is my new favorite way to enjoy lentils.
This salad screams fall thanks to the roasted acorn squash. The maple miso mustard dressing ties the whole salad together and will be a dressing you want to drink. I also love using kale as a base for a salad because it does not get soggy like other lettuces so it is perfect for meal prep.
Let's get into the recipe.
This black lentil and kale salad is
- easy to make
- healthy for you
- plant based, gluten free and dairy free
- full of healthy fats and fiber
- packed with veggies
- perfect for fall
Ingredients for kale salad with maple miso mustard dressing
- acorn squash
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- apple cider vinegar
- maple syrup
- pumpkin seeds
See recipe card for quantities.
Instructions to make black lentil kale salad with maple miso mustard dressing
1.) Roast acorn squash.
2.) Mix together dressing ingredients.
3.) Toss dressing with all other salad ingredients.
4.) Serve and enjoy!
Substitutions for acorn squash, lentil and kale salad
- olive oil can be subbed for avocado oil
- apple cider vinegar can be subbed for another neutrally flavored culinary vinegar
- miso can be subbed with salt
- maple syrup can be subbed with honey
Storage instructions for kale black lentil salad
The leftover salad can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for 3-4 days. Since this salad has a kale base it will not get soggy.
Other salads to try
If you make this Black Lentil Acorn Squash Kale Salad with Maple Miso Mustard Dressing (vegan), please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Black Lentil Acorn Squash Kale Salad with Maple Miso Mustard Dressing (vegan)
This Black Lentil Acorn Squash Kale Salad with Maple Miso Mustard Dressing (vegan) is the perfect salad for fall.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: salad
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
This makes 3-4 servings of salad Acorn squash
- 1 acorn squash - seeds removed and cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon oil of choice
- black pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp miso (can sub ½-1 teaspoon salt)
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp mustard
- juice from ½ lemon
- 1 garlic clove - minced
Other salad ingredients
- 1 head kale - ribs removed and finely chopped
- 1 small cucumber - finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups cooked black lentils (or sub brown/green lentils, this is equivalent to 1 can)
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add squash to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and toss with salt, garlic, cinnamon, black pepper and oil. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add all of your salad dressing ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined.
- Add squash to a bowl with the rest of the salad ingredients and toss with dressing.