Simple Vegan Arugula Salad with Roasted Potatoes (vegan)
If you want to change your life - start adding roasted potatoes to your salads. Potatoes add a comforting vibe to your salad and pair so well with all the crunchy veggies. This Simple Vegan Arugula Salad with Roasted Potatoes (vegan) is one of my go-to salad recipes.
This salad is pretty easy to make and packed with a good balance of protein, fats and fiber. It is paired with a simple, but delicious vinaigrette and tied together with fresh mint. I make this salad almost weekly, and I know that you will love it as much as I do.
Let's get into the recipe.
This vegan arugula salad is
- easy to make
- healthy for you
- high in fiber and protein
- plant based, dairy free and gluten free
What do I need to make a simple vegan arugula salad?
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- apple cider vinegar
- olive oil
- maple syrup
- dijon mustard
- garlic cloves
- cherry tomatoes
- white beans
How do I store the leftovers?
Since this salad has a lettuce base, it will get slimy if you leave the entire salad coated in dressing. Therefore, I suggest storing the dressing and salad in separate sealed containers in your fridge. The salad and dressing will last about 4 days when stored this way.
How do I make a simple vegan salad?
- Toss your potatoes in spices and roast them.
- Mix together your dressing ingredients.
- Mix together your salad ingredients and top each individual serving with dressing and avocado.
Other plant based salad recipes to try
If you make this Simple Vegan Arugula Salad with Roasted Potatoes (vegan), please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
This makes 3-4 servings of salad
- 10-12 baby or fingerling potatoes - roughly chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp oil
Apple cider vinaigrette
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 bag or small clamshell of arugula - roughly chopped
- 1 cucumber - finely chopped
- 1 8 oz container of cherry tomatoes - cut in half
- 1 ½- 2 cups cooked white beans (or from 1 can) - I cook mine dried from the instant pot
- 1 bunch mint - finely chopped (or sub your favorite herb)
+¼ avocado per serving for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss potatoes in oil and spices on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Baker for 30-35 minutes or until softened.
- Mix together your salad dressing ingredients.
- Add salad ingredients to a large bowl and mix with potatoes.
- Divide out salad and top with dressing and avocado. The salad will get soggy if left with the dressing on it so I recommend only dressing the portion you plan on eating right away.