Introducing vegan egg roll salad with tofu. This salad is crunchy and won't get soggy because it is no lettuce salad, it is made with cabbage. This salad has an amazing ginger soy dressing, packed with flavor and nutrients. This is the type of salad you can make at the beginning of the week and eat every day.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make.
It's made with healthier ingredients.
The recipe is vegan, gluten free and nut free.
It's high in protein, healthy fats and fiber.
They are refined sugar free.
Bake your tofu and mushrooms.
Mix together your salad dressing.
Pour salad dressing over salad and mix.
Divide out and serve!
- soy sauce
- garlic powder
- sesame oil
- maple syrup
- red pepper flakes
- brown rice
- bell pepper
Store the extra salad in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 5 days.
You just need your oven and a sheet pan for this recipe.
Will this salad get soggy if mixed with dressing?
No, since this salad is made with cabbage it will hold its crunch and not get slimy.
- cashews - can be subbed with any nut or seed
- tofu - can be subbed with chickpeas, tempeh or any protein of choice
Other salad recipes to try
If you make this Vegan Egg Roll Salad with Tofu, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Vegan Egg Roll Salad with Tofu
- 1 block extra firm tofu - cubed
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 8 oz container baby bella mushrooms - quartered
- ½ tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ⅓ cup olive oil or sub another neutral oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
Other salad ingredients
- 1 small head cabbage finely chopped about 3-4 cups
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 ½ cups chopped cashews sub another nut/seed or omit
- 2 medium carrots - julienned
- 1 red bell pepper - finely sliced
- 1 cup cilantro - finely chopped
- 1 bunch scallions - finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss tofu in starch, oil, soy sauce and garlic powder. Add to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Toss mushrooms in oil and soy sauce, add to the sheet pan with the tofu.
- Bake tofu and mushrooms for 30-35 minutes, until tofu is crispy and mushrooms are cooked through.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined.
- Add all salad ingredients to a bowl including the mushrooms and tofu. Toss with dressing.
- Store extra salad in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 5 days.