Warm and baked salads have been trending so I knew I had to try one. This Warm Baked Cabbage, Carrot & Chickpea Salad (vegan) is my take on a warm, baked salad. This salad is so good and easy to make.
The best part of this salad is the dressing. The scallions get sweet as they are based and pair so well with the basil dressing. Chickpeas, cucumber and pistachios add a nice crunch. The chickpeas and pistachios also add a protein boost to this salad.
This cabbage, chickpea and carrot salad with scallion basil vinaigrette is
- gluten free, vegan and dairy free
- the perfect fall and winter salad
- high in protein
- full of veggies
- easy to make
- high in fiber
Ingredients for warm cabbage, chickpea and carrot salad
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- apple cider vinegar
- maple syrup
See recipe card for quantities.
Instructions for making baked warm cabbage salad
Step 1: Add all veggies to a sheet pan and toss in spices. Bake.
Step 2: Blend together all dressing ingredients.
Step 3: Toss together salad ingredients with dressing and serve.
- Chickpeas- can be subbed with white beans
- Basil- can be subbed with parsley
- Olive oil- can be subbed with another neutral oil like avocado
- Maple syrup- can be subbed with honey
I like a this cuisinart food processor.
Storage instructions for cabbage salad with scallion and basil dressing
This salad can be stored in your fridge in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
Other salad recipes to try
If you make this Warm Baked Cabbage, Carrot and Chickpea Salad (vegan), please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost youPrint
Baked Cabbage, Carrot and Chickpea Salad (vegan)
This Baked Cabbage, Carrot and Chickpea Salad (vegan) is a delicious warm salad recipe.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
Baked salad ingredients
- 1 small cabbage - roughly chopped
- 2 cups carrots - sliced
- 1 can chickpeas - drained
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 scallions (these will be baked)
- ½ cup oil
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup basil (from 1 8 oz container)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cucumber - diced
- 1 cup pistachios
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Add cabbage, carrots, scallions and chickpeas to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Coat veggies with oil and spices. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Once scallions are done cooking, roughly chop them and add them to a food processor with all dressing ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Add baked cabbage, carrots and chickpeas to a large bowl with the cucumber and pistachios. Pour over dressing and toss salad until everything is coated with dressing and mixed. Divide out salad and serve.
Keywords: baked salad, baked cabbage salad, healthy salad