Confession: I am usually not an oatmeal fan. I am a smoothie girl through and through. However, sometimes I do stray from my usual breakfast and want to mix it up. These high protein overnight oats without protein powder (vegan) are a delicious oatmeal recipe.
These oats do not use protein powder for their protein source. Instead they use hemp seeds, chia seeds and almond butter for protein. Hemp seeds are protein power houses, they are also a complete protein source. These oats also have no added sweetener, the frozen blueberries add plenty of sweetness to these oats.
For another yummy oatmeal recipe try my overnight oats with frozen berries.
Let's get into the recipe.
These vegan high protein overnight oats with chia and hemp seeds are
- gluten free, dairy free, egg free and plant based
- easy to make
- made with healthier for you ingredients
- not too sweet
- perfect for breakfast
- single serve
Ingredients for High Protein Overnight Oats with Frozen Blueberries
- chia seeds
- hemp seeds
- almond butter
- frozen blueberries
See recipe card for quantities.
Instructions for making High Protein Overnight Oats with Frozen Fruit
Step 1: Add all ingredients to a mason jar and mix. Refrigerate for 1-24 hours.
Step 2: Serve and enjoy.
- Almond butter - can be subbed for another nut or seed butter like tahini or peanut butter. You can also omit this if you have a nut allergy.
You just need a mason jar for these oats.
Storage instructions for overnight oats with frozen berries
This only makes one serving so you won't likely have leftovers, however the oatmeal can be stored in the jar or container you made it in for 24 hours.
Other healthy plant based breakfast recipes to try
If you make these High Protein Overnight Oats Without Protein Powder (vegan), please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
HIGH PROTEIN OVERNIGHT OATS WITHOUT PROTEIN POWDER (VEGAN)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 cup milk of choice I like Three Trees almond
- pinch cinnamon
- ¼ cup frozen blueberries
- 1-2 teaspoons sweetener of choice optional, I did not sweeten mine, the blueberries make it plenty sweet
- Add all ingredients to a mason jar or container. Stir until fully combined. Seal jar or container and refrigerate for 1-24 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!