Introducing Fava Bean Chickpea Salad - the best easy salad recipe. This salad is simple and easy to make and requires no cooking. It is full of protein thanks to the beans and feta. Since this is a no lettuce salad it won't get soggy. This is a salad recipe you will be obsessed with!
Why you'll love this recipe
It's full of flavor thanks to the feta and fresh herbs.
This salad is perfect for a healthy vegetarian dinner.
This recipe is healthy, vegetarian, gluten free and can be made vegan.
Thanks to the beans this salad is high in protein.
Mix together dressing.
Toss together salad with dressing.
Divide out salad and serve.
- fava beans
- cherry tomatoes
- pumpkin seeds
- olive oil
- apple cider vinegar
- maple syrup or honey
The extra salad can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 3 days. Since this is a no lettuce salad it will not get soggy.
You just need your a cutting board for this recipe. Nothing has to be cooked.
Is this salad vegan?
If you use vegan feta or omit the feta than yes this salad is vegan.
What can I substitute for the fava beans?
Any bean can be subbed for the fava beans.
- feta - can be subbed with goat cheese or omitted
- fava beans - can be subbed with any other bean like white beans
Other salad recipes
If you make this Fava Bean Chickpea Salad, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Fava Bean Chickpea Salad
This Fava Bean Chickpea Salad is the perfect salad for spring.
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: chopping
- Cuisine: mediterranean
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1 small cucumber - diced
- 1 can chickpeas - drained
- 1 ½ cups cooked fava beans (from about 1 cup dried)
- ½ cup parsley - finely chopped
- 1 8 oz container cherry tomatoes - halved
- 1 bunch scallions - finely sliced
- ½ block feta - crumbled (optional)
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds (or nut/seed of choice)
- salt/pepper to taste
- ½ cup olive oil
- juice from ½ lemon
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
- salt/pepper to taste
- Add all dressing ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined.
- Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl and toss together with dressing.
This makes 3-4 servings of salad
Keywords: Fava Bean Chickpea Salad
This salad is delicious!