I am obsessed with no lettuce salads that use cabbage as a base. Cabbage is a great lettuce substitute because it will not get soggy. This Asian Chickpea Cabbage Salad with Spicy Cashew Dressing is my latest cabbage salad recipe and it is so good.
This salad is asian inspired, I am making no claims that this is an authentic asian recipe but it does pull in asian flavors and elements.
Let's get into the recipe.
This crunchy cabbage salad with chickpeas and wild rice is
- easy to make
- healthy for you
- covered with a copycat sweetgreen spicy cashew dressing
- full of protein, fats and fiber
What ingredients do I need to make an asian chickpea salad?
- napa cabbage
- sunflower seeds
- wild rice
- cashew butter
- soy sauce
- rice vinegar
- maple syrup
Instructions to make asian chickpea cabbage crunch salad
What can I substitute in this recipe?
- Cashew butter can be subbed with any nut or seed butter
- Cilantro can be subbed with thai basil, parsley or left out
- Sunflower seeds can be subbed with any nut or seed.
How do I store the leftovers?
Since this salad has a cabbage base, it will not get soggy when left mixed with dressing. Store the leftover salad in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 5 0r so days.
Other vegan salad recipes to try
If you make this Asian Chickpea Cabbage Salad with Spicy Cashew Dressing, please leave me a rating and review. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Asian Chickpea Cabbage Salad with Spicy Cashew Dressing
This asian chickpea cabbage salad with spicy cashew dressing is a delicious and easy to make salad recipe.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: asian
This makes 4-5 servings of salad
- 1 can chickpeas - drained and patted dry
- 1 tbsp oil of choice
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 small napa cabbage - finely cut or shredded
- 2 large carrots - julienned or shredded
- 1 cucumber - finely diced
- 1 bunch scallions - finely sliced
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 cup cooked wild rice or grain of choice
- salt/pepper to taste
Spicy cashew dressing
- ⅓ cup cashew butter
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove - minced
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss chickpeas with oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Mix together cashew dressing in a bowl until smooth.
- Add all salad ingredients to a bowl, along with the baked chickpeas. Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
- Serve and enjoy.
Keywords: crunch salad, cabbage salad, asian chickpea cabbage salad