Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake
Why do I feel like every Memorial day weekend is awful weather? It has been beautiful summer weather here in DC, and the holiday weekend hit and now it is dreary and dark here. But a good way to brighten up a dreary day is with a fun treat, like this vegan strawberry cheesecake!
As a testament to how good and cheesecakey this dessert is, my non vegan boyfriend said "wow this is amazing is this cheesecake?" after trying it, without me saying what type of dessert it is. Needless to say I am very excited to share this recipe!
This vegan strawberry cheesecake is also gluten free, refined sugar free and made with good for you ingredients like oat flour, almond flour and cashew butter. I can attest I had two slices without any blood sugar crashes or headaches, probably because of the healthy fat. The cheesecake also only requires minimal oven time for the crust, so it's perfect for those hot summer days.I haven't tested any subs, so I recommend making the recipe as is.
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think in the comments!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 ½ cups oat flour
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup cashew butter (preferably raw, make sure it has no added oils)
- ⅓ cup coconut cream (white part from canned coconut milk)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- juice from 1 lemon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup maple syrup
+ ~2 cups chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl mix together your crust ingredients until combined. I used my hands to get it well mixed. Press crust into a lined 8x8 baking dish.
- Bake crust for 12-14 minutes. Freeze crust for 30-45 minutes to set.
- In a blender blend together your cheesecake ingredients. Pour cheesecake mixture over your crust. Sprinkle strawberries on top.
- Refrigerate cheesecake for about 5 hours or until it has hardened. Alternatively you can freeze it for about an hour, and then let it come back to room temperature. I personally prefer the longer refrigeration route!
- Slice cheesecake and serve. This can be stored frozen or refrigerated.