Vegan Fall Harvest Salad with Sweet Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts and Lentils
How do you feel about salads in the fall? I love salads all year around, and fall has some amazing produce that can be showcased in a salad. This Vegan Fall Harvest Salad with Sweet Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts and Lentils uses all seasonal ingredients, I picked up all of the ingredients from my local farmers market.
This salad takes advantage of all the best fall seasonal produce - brussels, radishes, mint and sweet potatoes. It is super easy to make and tastes fresh and nourishing. I shred my brussels sprouts using my food processor. You could also use a mandolin or buy them pre-shredded. Shredding brussels is great because you can leave the stems on so it eliminates waste.
This salad has a simple vinaigrette dressing. Making your own dressings at home is one of the best money savings hacks and it's so easy. Plus homemade salad dressings usually have much less sugar than the store.
This salad is a complete meal. It has packed with fiber, protein and healthy fats. You get an array of of antioxidants from the vegetables like anti cancer sulforaphane. Lentils and pumpkin seeds provide a protein source. I paired my salad with avocado for extra healthy fats.
This vegan fall harvest salad is
- easy to make
- healthy for you
- higher in protein
- perfect for fall
Other yummy fall recipes to try
If you make this Vegan Fall Harvest Salad with Sweet Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts and Lentils, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
This makes 3-4 servings of salad
- 1 sweet potato - cubed
- ~4 cups shaved brussel sprouts (most stores sell these pre shredded or you can shred using a food processor or mandoline)
- 1 bunch radishes - finely sliced
- 1 bunch mint - finely chopped
- ~2 cups cooked lentils
- ~1 cup pumpkin seeds (optional but adds crunch)
- salt/pepper to taste
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar (or sub another culinary vinegar)
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- salt/pepper to taste
+ optional toppings like avocado
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss cubed sweet potato in oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes in a baking dish or lined sheet pan.
- Mix together your salad dressing.
- Mix together all salad ingredients, toss in dressing, and serve. Add additional salt and pepper if needed. I added avocado to mine