Vegan Chickpea Salad Sandwich No Mayo
Chickpea salad is a classic plant based sandwich recipe. I don't make it often because I used to find it kind of well, boring. However, I realized the key to chickpea salad is spicing it up with lots of addins and flavors. This vegan chickpea salad sandwich no mayo is not your average chickpea salad.
This fall chickpea salad uses all seasonal ingredients. Celery adds a nice crunch and is in season right now. Dried cranberries add a classic fall taste. Chives are also in season and add more pops of flavor. Dried sage or thyme finish off this recipe with extra fall flair. To keep this recipe dairy and egg free, I used vegan yogurt instead of mayo. Salt, mustard and vinegar make the yogurt have more of a mayo taste.
Chickpea salad is great because it is so easy to make. It is the perfect quick vegan lunch or dinner recipe. It takes less than 15 minutes to make and requires no actual cooking.
This is a very healthy recipe. Chickpeas provide protein, and the celery adds a serving of vegetables. Celery is also very hydrating and is packed with vitamin c. This recipe is also packed with fiber which pairs so well with the probiotics in this yogurt. Vegan yogurt also adds healthy fats to this recipe which help make it more satiating.
Other vegan sandwiches and wraps to try:
I hope you try this vegan chickpea salad sandwich no mayo recipe, it is delicious and easy to make. If you do try it, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post.
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15 minutes
This makes 2-3 sandwiches
- 1 can chickpeas - drained
- 3 stalks celery - finely chopped
- ½ cup chives - finely chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup unsweetened vegan yogurt (greek would also work)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried sage, thyme or italian seasoning blend
+ optional toppings, I went with avocado and bread or wrap of choice
- Add chickpeas to a bowl and partially mash.
- In a separate bowl mix together chives and all other ingredients.
- Add chive mixture to the chickpeas and mix until combined.
- Add chickpea salad to toasted bread with your favorite toppings. The leftovers can be stored in your fridge for up to 48 hours.
Leave a Reply