Spaghetti squash is one of my favorite fall vegetables. There is just something so fun about stuffing a squash. This Vegan Black Bean and Corn Stuffed Spaghetti Squash with Avocado Crema is one of my favorite ways to enjoy squash.
Let's get into the recipe.
This vegan stuffed spaghetti squash is
- easy to make
- healthy for you
- full of protein and fiber
- perfect for fall
What ingredients do I need to make a vegan stuffed spaghetti squash?
- spaghetti squash
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- red onion
- black beans
- bell pepper
- garlic cloves
- chili powder
- frozen corn
- vegan yogurt
What is the easiest way to cut a spaghetti squash in half?
Add squash to a cutting board. Cut in half and then scoop out seeds.
If you make this Vegan Black Bean and Corn Stuffed Spaghetti Squash with Avocado Crema, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Vegan Black Bean and Corn Stuffed Spaghetti Squash with Avocado Crema
This makes 2 servings of squash
- 1 spaghetti squash - cut in half with seeds removed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ red onion - finely chopped
- 1 can black beans - drained
- 1 bell pepper - finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves - minced
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ½-1 teaspoon salt
- pinch black pepper
- ¼ cup salsa
- 1 avocado
- juice from 1 lime
- pinch salt/pepper
- ¼ cup unsweetened vegan yogurt (I like coconut) or greek yogurt
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 garlic clove
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Coat spaghetti squash in oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place spaghetti squash face down on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 40-55 minutes or until cooked through. The outside should be slightly browned when it is done cooking.
- Add peppers and onion to a skillet with a splash of oil over medium heat. Cook for 8 minutes. Add garlic, corn, spices and salt/pepper. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add beans and salsa to the pan. Cook for 3 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- To make the avocado crema, add all crema ingredients to a blender or processor. Blend until smooth. If you don't have a blender or processor you can mash the ingredients by hand, but a processor is ideal.
- Assemble spaghetti squash by dividing filling into 2 and topping each half of the squash with filling. Lastly top with crema. Enjoy.
Leave a Reply