The Best Crispy Brussels Sprouts
Proper preparation is the key to making vegetables taste delicious. Take brussels sprouts for example, they can taste completely awful if you boil them. However, if you get them crispy they can taste amazing. This recipe for the best crispy brussels sprouts is the best way to eat brussels sprouts.
This recipe is a great vegan side dish. The best crispy brussels sprouts would also be a great plant based holiday side dish. These brussels sprouts would also go great with my tofu steaks or crispy tofu recipes. In addition, this is a very easy recipe to make, it comes together in about 30 minutes.
What makes these brussels sprouts so crispy?
Starch is the secret ingredient that gets these brussels super crisp. Using a high heat of 425 degrees also helps to crisp up this tofu.
What can I substitute in this recipe?
- Apple cider vinegar can be subbed with any culinary vinegar
- Avocado oil can be subbed with any neutral oil
- Arrowroot or cornstarch can be used but I prefer arrowroot starch
What you need for this recipe:
- brussels sprouts
- avocado oil
- arrowroot starch or cornstarch
- apple cider vinegar
- garlic powder
How to make this recipe:
Start by chopping your brussels sprouts in half and cutting off the ends. Then toss the brussels sprouts in starch, oil, apple cider vinegar and spices. Next, add the brussels to a lined sheet pan and roast until crispy.
Other yummy recipes to try:
If you make this recipe please leave me a rating and review on this blog post, this is the best way to support me!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add brussels sprouts to a bowl. Add oil, starch, apple cider vinegar and spices to the bowl with the brussels sprouts. Mix everything up until fully coated.
- Add brussels sprouts to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper making sure to spread them evenly.
- Roast brussels for 25-30 minutes until crisp.