Spring rolls are one of my favorite things to order when I am at an asian restaurant. They are actually pretty easy to make at home and crisp up nicely in the air fryer. These Air Fried Tofu Veggie Spring Rolls (vegan) will be my new go to spring roll recipe.
These spring rolls are full of veggies like cabbage and carrots - both which are nutrient dense. The turmeric and ginger add anti-inflammatory properties and the tofu adds protein.
Let's get into the recipe.
These crispy air fried cabbage and carrot spring rolls are
- gluten free, dairy free, egg free and plant based
- high in protein
- easy to make
- made with healthier for you ingredients
- full of veggies and fiber
Ingredients for healthy vegan spring rolls
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- rice wine vinegar
- spring roll wrappers
See recipe card for quantities.
Instructions for healthy high protein vegan stew
Step 1: Cook your veggies and tofu.
Step 2: Add veggies and tofu to spring rolls and roll.
Step 3: Air fry spring rolls until crisp.
- Rice wine vinegar- can be subbed with any culinary vinegar
- Tofu - can be subbed with tempeh
I love my ninja xl air fryer.
Storage instructions for vegan crispy air fried spring rolls
The leftover spring rolls can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 2 days.
Other asian inspired plant based recipes to try
If you make these Air Fried Tofu Veggie Spring Rolls (vegan), please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost youPrint
Air Fried Tofu Veggie Spring Rolls (vegan)
These air fried tofu veggie spring rolls are the perfect healthy vegan meal option.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: asian
- 2 cups cabbage (from ½ small head of cabbage) - finely chopped
- 1 carrot - finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 bunch scallions - finely chopped with ends removed
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 block extra firm or firm tofu - crumbled into small pieces
+6-7 spring roll wrappers
- Add sesame oil to a pan over medium heat. Add cabbage, carrot and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and cook for 5 more minutes.
- In a wide shallow bowl, add warm water and soak a piece of rice paper for a few seconds (follow the instructions on the package). Lay out the rice paper on a cutting board or clean surface.
- Add around ⅓ cup to ¼ cup of the cooked mixture to the middle of the rice paper and fold in the sides. Then fold over the mixture from the bottom and roll to create a spring roll.
- Add spring rolls to an even layer to air fryer lined with parchment paper or foil where they are not touching (I could only fit 3 rolls at a time). Air fry at 400 degrees for 6-10 minutes until crispy. Repeat process as many times as you need to cook all of the spring rolls.
Keywords: air fried spring rolls, spring rolls, tofu spring roll