Vegan One Pot Mushroom Pasta
I love cooking and making recipes. However, some nights I do not feel like cooking whatsoever and that is where easy one pot meals come in handy. One pot pastas in particular are a delicious and easy meal. This vegan one pot mushroom pasta is a one pot meal that is sure to please.
This vegan one pot pasta uses cashew butter to make the sauce creamy. If you are sensitive to nuts then tahini is a good sub. Thyme and parsley add aromatics and lemon adds acidity. Although this meal is super simple it is packed with flavor.
All you have to do to make this pasta is literally throw everything in a pot and cook. It is that simple. First you add your mushrooms and garlic and cook slightly. Then add everything except for your pasta. Next bring that mixture to a boil, cook through your pasta and lastly cook through your greens.
What is so great about this meal is that it is easy to make and requires minimal cleanup. All you need is 15 minutes, your stove top and a pot. Even though it is an easy meal, it is still nutrient dense. It is packed with healthy fats, protein and veggies. If you want add additional protein I suggest using a chickpea pasta.
I hope you try this vegan one pot mushroom pasta, it is a delicious and easy recipe. If you do try it, please leave a rating and review on this post. Also, give me a tag over on instagram so I can repost you.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 4 cups mushrooms - sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or aminos
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme or 2 tsp dried thyme
- ½ cup parsley - finely chopped
- juice from 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ⅓ cup cashew butter or tahini
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 box pasta of choice (I like banza)
- 3-4 cups greens of choice (I used baby kale)
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add garlic, mushrooms and soy sauce to the pot. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot except for the pasta and greens. Stir to combine.
- Bring liquid to a boil and add pasta. Boil until pasta is cooked - following the time suggest on the pasta box. Make sure to stir often so the pasta doesn't stick together. After pasta is done cooking, turn of the heat and fold in your greens. Stir until wilted.
- Let pasta cool and serve.
Leave a Reply