Vegan Black Bean Salad with Avocado and Salsa
As much as I love cooking, sometimes I need a simple recipe. Recently, I discovered that salsa could be used as a salad dressing and this was a game changer. This Vegan Black Bean Salad with Avocado and Salsa is a ridiculously easy salad recipe and so delicious.
Since this recipe uses salsa as a salad dressing, it barely takes any time to make. All you have to do is chop up your veggies and mix them with salsa. If you want to save even more time, use canned corn instead of frozen.
Let's get into the recipe.
This vegan black bean salad is
- plant based, gluten free and dairy free
- SO easy to make
- Requires no cooking
- Ready in less than 15 minutes
- Uses salsa as a salad dressing
- High in protein
What do I need to make this vegan black bean salad?
- red onion
- green bell pepper
- garlic cloves
- chili powder
- black beans
- salsa of choice
How do I make this black bean salad?
- Mix together all salad ingredients - that's it.
How do I store the leftovers?
Since this salad has no lettuce it will not get soggy. Store the leftovers in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 5 days.
Other vegan salad recipes to try
If you make this Vegan Black Bean Salad with Avocado and Salsa, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10 minutes
This makes about 4 servings of salad
- 1 bunch cilantro - finely chopped
- 1 small red onion or ½ large red onion - finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno - seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper - diced
- 1 cup cooked corn (I used frozen which I cooked myself, canned would be okay too)
- 1 avocado - diced
- 3 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 can black beans - drained
- 1 ¼ cup salsa of choice (this is the dressing)
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until just combined. This salad tastes great with chips or on its own. Store the leftovers in a sealed container for up to 4 days.