Vegan Chickpea Flour Banana Bread
There are thousands of banana bread recipes out there. And quite frankly I resisted making it for so long because I did not want to be basic. However, there are not a lot of nut free, vegan AND gluten free banana recipes out there. Baking things that are nut free, vegan and gluten free are hard. This vegan chickpea flour banana bread checks all of those boxes.
The key to making this banana bread so dietary friendly is using chickpea flour. Chickpea flour is a great gluten free flour to bake with because it is so similar to all purpose flour. It results in a fluffy banana bread, and it packs a protein punch.
Like I mentioned, this banana bread is baked with chickpea flour so it is pretty healthy by being high in fiber and protein. This bread also features healthy fats from olive oil, and is sweetened with just a touch of maple syrup. I also added dark chocolate chips for antioxidants, and because I love chocolate.
Like all my recipes this recipe is so easy to make. I don't own a mixer and don't plan to so you can make this banana bread in one bowl by hand. This also makes for less cleanup. Then all you have to do is pour the batter into a loaf pan and bake. It is important to let this recipe cool fully before slicing because it will be a little crumbly otherwise.
I hope you try this vegan chickpea flour banana bread, it is delicious! If you do try it, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. Also, give me a tag on Instagram so I can reshare you.
- 6 tbsp aquafaba - whisked until frothy (do not sub)
- ¼ cup olive oil (sub another liquid oil)
- ¼ cup maple syrup (can sub honey or another liquid sweetener)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cups + 1 tbsp chickpea flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½-1 cups chocolate chips (adjust to your preference
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together your wet ingredients in a large bowl until smooth. Pour in flour and baking soda and mix until smooth. Lastly fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let banana bread fully cool (about 30 minutes or 20 in the fridge) before slicing and eating.