Introducing Shaved Zucchini Taco Salad with Crispy Chickpeas, aka the salad you never knew you needed. If you are not eating raw zucchini you are missing out. It is so good! This salad is topped with a creamy cilantro lime avocado dressing that you will be absolutely obsessed with. This salad is vegetarian and vegan depending on the cheese you use. Since it has two types of beans it is also high protein. This best!
Why you'll love this recipe
The vegan avocado cilantro lime dressing is creamy and delicious.
This salad is crunchy, fresh and perfect for spring.
Since there is no lettuce in this salad it will not get soggy or slimy.
This recipe is vegetarian, gluten free and can be made vegan depending on the cheese you use.
Bake your chickpeas.
Add dressing ingredients to a food processor and blend.
Add all salad ingredients to a bowl and mix.
Divide out, top with feta and dig in.
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- avocado - This makes the creamiest dairy free dressing.
- black beans
- red onion
- red bell pepper
Store the salad in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 4-5 days.
You just need your oven for this recipe. I recommend also using a mandoline for this recipe.
Is this recipe vegan?
If you omit the feta or use vegan feta then yes it is vegan.
What does raw zucchini taste like?
Raw zucchini has a slightly sweet earthy taste. It is the perfect sub for lettuce and will not get soggy!
- cilantro - can be subbed with parsley or omitted
- lime - can be subbed with lemon
- olive oil - can be subbed with oil
Other plant based salad recipes
If you make these Shaved Zucchini Taco Salad with Crispy Chickpeas, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Shaved Zucchini Taco Salad with Crispy Chickpeas
- This makes about 3-4 servings of salad
- Crispy chickpeas
- 1 can chickpeas - drained and patted dry
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon salt adjust to your salt preference
- black pepper to taste
- 1 avocado skinned and seeded
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ jalapeno
- juice from 1 lime
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt adjust to your preference
- black pepper to taste
- ½ small jalapeno - deseeded
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼-1/3 cup water adjust to your thickness preference
- Other salad ingredients
- 1 large zucchini - shaved with a mandoline or very finely sliced
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1 can black beans - drained and patted dry
- ½ red onion - finely diced
- 1 large red bell pepper - finely diced
- +optional topping of ~½ cup crumbled feta can use vegan or regular
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add chickpeas to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Toss with oil, salt, pepper and spices. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until crisp.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. You may need to stop to scrape the sides down occasionally.
- Add all salad ingredients to a bowl along with the crispy chickpeas. Toss with dressing.
- Divide out salad and top with feta if using. Dig in.