Salted chocolate covered yogurt stuffed dates, a nut free alternative to your classic nut butter stuffed dates. These dates are so easy to make and tasty. The yogurt adds healthy fats and probiotics which pairs beautifully with the fiber from the dates.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and no bake.
It's made with healthier ingredients.
The recipe is vegan, gluten free and nut free.
This recipe makes the perfect healthy snack or dessert.
It is full of healthy fats and fiber.
Stuff dates with yogurt and freeze for 10 minutes.
Coat dates in chocolate.
You can store the dates in a sealed container in your fridge for about 5 days. Alternatively, these dates can be stored in your freezer in a sealed container or bag for up to 2 months. Keep in mind the yogurt will become very hard to bite into.
You just need your oven and a sheet pan for this recipe.
What type of yogurt works best?
You want to use a thick yogurt. Non dairy or dairy works fine but make sure it is thick and not runny!
Is this recipe healthy?
Yes! This recipe contains healthy fats, fiber and antioxidants.
- yogurt- non dairy or dairy yogurt will work as long as it is thick. You can also use nut butter in this recipe
- Dark chocolate - any chocolate works, although white chocolate is much harder to melt
Other no bake treats
If you make these Salted Chocolate Covered Yogurt Stuffed Dates, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on instagram so I can repost you!Print
Chocolate Covered Yogurt Stuffed Dates
These Chocolate Covered Yogurt Stuffed Dates are a delicious and healthy snack recipe.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: freezer
- Cuisine: american
- 10-12 pitted dates
- ¼-⅓ cup* thick yogurt (coconut or greeks style is best, needs to be very thick)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- flaky sea salt to taste
- Stuff dates with yogurt. Add dates to a plate or cutting board and freeze for at least 10 minutes. This is important to let the yogurt and dates set.
- Melt together chocolate and coconut oil. I microwaved mine at 3 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval.
- Dip each date in chocolate and fully cover. Add each chocolate covered date to a plate, cutting board or sheet pan lined with parchment paper. The parchment paper is crucial to prevent the dates from sticking.
- Freeze dates for about 20 minutes, or refrigerate for about an hour. You want the chocolate to be hardened and set.
*amount depends on size of dates
Keywords: chocolate covered dates, chocolate covered yogurt stuffed dates, yogurt stuffed dates
Leave a Reply