Introducing Harissa Lemon Maple Baked Carrots (vegan), aka your new favorite carrot recipe. Thanks to the maple glaze these carrots get crunchy and sweet in the oven. Paired the the harissa they have the best sweet and spicy flavor combination. The lemon adds a fresh summer tang to this recipe. Delicious!
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and requires only a few ingredients.
The carrots are maple glazed, sweet and spicy.
This recipe is healthy for you and will turn a carrot hater into a carrot lover.
These carrots are is dairy free, vegetarian, vegan and gluten free.
Add carrots to a bowl and toss with oil, harissa and other ingredients.
Add carrots to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and bake.
Let cool and dig in!
- maple syrup
- garlic powder
The extra carrots can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 4 days.
You just need your oven for this recipe. If you're looking for an air fryer recommendation I recommend the Ninja XL.
Is this vegan?
Yes this recipe uses no animal products so it is entirely vegan.
Can I use frozen carrots?
No I do not recommend using frozen carrots for this recipe.
Can I air fry these carrots?
Yes, add carrots to air fryer and air fry at 400 for 8-11 minutes, shaking once halfway through.
- maple syrup - can be subbed with honey
Other veggie sides
If you make these Harissa Lemon Maple Baked Carrots (vegan), please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Harissa Lemon Maple Baked Carrots (vegan)
- 3 large carrots - cut into ½ inch thick pieces
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- ½ tablespoon oil
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- juice from ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper to taste
- +2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill for topping optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add carrots to a bowl and toss with the other ingredients listed.
- Add carrots to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until cooked through.
- Top carrots with dill if using. Serve carrots with your favorite protein and enjoy.