Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Blondie Bars
These Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Blondie Bars are a delicious vegan bar recipe.
- Author: Kristi
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 9 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 5 tablespoons water)
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup plant milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4-1 cup chocolate chips
- Make your flax eggs by mixing flax with water. Let sit for at least 5 minutes until thickened.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all wet ingredients to a bowl and mix until just combined. Pour in dry ingredients except for chocolate chips. Mix again until just combined. Lastly fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour dough and spread evenly into an 8x8 baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Bake bars for 20-28 minutes. I baked mine for 25 minutes, a knife should come out mostly clean when finished cooking.
- Let bars cool for 15 minutes, slice and enjoy. Store the leftover bars in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 5 days, or in your freezer for months.
If you cut the blondies while they are still hot they will be soft and crumbly, the longer you let them sit the firmer they will get.
Keywords: oatmeal chocolate chip bars, vegan oatmeal blondies, vegan oatmeal bars