Japanese Sweet Potato Soup with spinach and rosemary
This Japanese Sweet Potato Soup with spinach and rosemary is a delicious soup recipe.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
This makes 2 servings of soup
- 1 large japanese sweet potato - diced
- 1 shallot - quartered
- 4 garlic cloves - peeled
- 4 sprigs rosemary - finely chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons miso (can sub 1 tbsp soy sauce or additional salt)
- 1 generous handful baby spinach (about a cup)
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add sweet potato, shallots and garlic to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Lightly coat sweet potatoes in oil, a pinch salt and pepper, and rosemary.
- Roast sweet potato, shallots and garlic for 30-35 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Serve with your favorite sides. I went with toasted bread.
Keywords: japanese sweet potato soup, sweet potato soup