Vegan Gingerbread Oat Flour Brownies with Coconut Sugar and Almond Butter
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tbsp plant milk of choice
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax + 6 tbsp water)
- 2/3 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup cacao
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make your flax eggs by mixing flax seeds and water. Let sit refrigerated for 10-15 minutes to set.
- Pour dry ingredients into a bowl and mix until just combined. Pour in dry ingredients and mix until smooth and fully combined.
- Pour batter into an 8 inch square baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Bake brownies for 25-30 minutes. I baked mine for 30 minutes on the dot.
- Let brownies cool for 30 minutes in the fridge or 1 hour otherwise. This step is crucial so the brownies set.