Vegan Creamy Mint Pea Soup
This Vegan Creamy Mint Pea Soup is a delicious soup recipe.
- Author: Kristi
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
This makes 2-3 servings of soup
- 1 yellow or sweet onion - diced
- 3 stalks celery - roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 ~15 ounce bag frozen peas
- 4 cups vegetable broth (from 1 32 ounce container)
- 1/3 cup cashews (sub coconut cream or omit, adds creaminess)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- black pepper to taste
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/3 cup chopped mint leaves (from 1 small bunch mint)
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes. Add celery and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add all remaining soup ingredients to the pot. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, until everything is cooked through.
- Add soup to a blender and blend until smooth. Alternatively you can use an immersion blender.
- Let soup cool and serve with your favorite sides and toppings. I recommend toasted sourdough and coconut yogurt.
Keywords: Vegan Creamy Mint Pea Soup , pea soup