Chai is one of my favorite flavors. I love it in anything, whether it be tea or baked goods, and it tastes especially good with chocolate. I also love blondies, so why not combine the two? These Vegan Chai Chocolate Chip Blondies (with oat flour and almond flour) are a dream come true. They combine chai and chocolate and are seriously irresistible. These blondies are also refined sugar free, oil free and gluten free!
Is this a healthy blondie recipe?
I would consider this a healthy blondie recipe. These blondies are made with no refined sugar and are not overly sweet. They are also made with oat and almond flour which adds fiber and healthy fats to the recipe. The extra fiber and fat help to balance out your blood sugar and prevent a sugar high. These blondies are also oil free, which makes them perfect if you follow an oil free diet!
Ingredients for chai spiced oat flour blondies
- Flax seeds
- Oat flour
- Almond flour
- Coconut sugar
- Vegan milk of choice
- Maple syrup
- Almond butter
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Chocolate chips
- 1 8x8 square baking dish
Instructions for vegan chocolate chip blondies with oat flour
This vegan blondie recipe is easy to make! It is a one bowl blondie recipe. To make this recipe, add your wet ingredients to a bowl and mix. Then pour in your dry ingredients and mix again. Lastly fold in your chocolate chips. Then bake your blondies in a lined baking dish. It is important to let these blondies cool fully before slicing them. They are gooey and will stick together otherwise.
Substitutions for vegan oat flour blondies with chai spice
- Maple syrup can be subbed with another sticky liquid sweetener like honey or date syrup
- Coconut sugar can be subbed with another granulated sugar
- Almond butter can be subbed with cashew butter, sunbutter or possibly peanut butter. I do not suggest using tahini or another liquidy nut or seed butter.
- DO NOT swap out the flours.
- Any plant milk should work
Other healthy blondie and brownie recipes to try:
If you try these Vegan Chai Chocolate Chip Blondies (with oat flour and almond flour) please leave me a rating and review, this is the best way to support me!Print
Vegan Chai Chocolate Chip Blondies (with oat flour and almond flour)
These vegan chai chocolate chip blondies (with oat flour) are an amazing vegan blondie recipe.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax + 6 tbsp water) - can sub 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk of choice
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup oat flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ~ 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make your flax eggs by mixing flax and water. Let sit refrigerated for 10-30 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix together your wet ingredients. Pour in dry ingredients minus your chocolate chips and mix. Lastly fold in your chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into an 8x8 baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 23-27 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Let blondies cool fully for 30 or so minutes. It is important to let the blondies cool otherwise they will stick together when you slice them. Lastly, slice and enjoy.