Roasted Garlic Creamy Tahini Pasta Sauce (vegan)
Pasta is one of my favorite easy weeknight recipes. I like to make it on thursday to make the week seem more fun (lol). This Roasted Garlic Creamy Tahini Pasta Sauce (vegan) is one of my favorite pasta recipes to make.
This recipe is fairly easy to make, and requires only a handful of ingredients. The most time consuming part is roasting your garlic, but this can easily be done ahead of time!
Let's get into the recipe.
This tahini pasta is
- dairy free, vegan, plant based and gluten free
- easy to make
- packed with healthy fats
- healthy for you
What do I need to make this creamy tahini pasta?
- reserved pasta water
- maple syrup
How do I make tahini pasta?
- Roast your garlic until soft.
- Blend garlic with the rest of your pasta ingredients.
- Mix pasta sauce with pasta.
- That's it!
What should I pair this pasta with?
While this pasta is amazing as is, I beefed mine up with air fried broccoli. It would also go so well with sauteed kale or spinach.
Other yummy vegan pasta recipes to try
If you make this Roasted Garlic Creamy Tahini Pasta Sauce (vegan), please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 35 minutes
This makes enough sauce for 2-3 servings of pasta
- 1 bulb garlic - top cut off
- ½ cup good quality tahini
- 2 tbsp chives or ¼ cup parsley or basil
- ½ cup reserved pasta water (from cooking your pasta)
- juice from ½ lemon
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (can omit but you will need more salt)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar (can sub with more maple syrup or omit)
+ 1 box cooked pasta of choice, I like Banza
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add garlic bulb to a sheet pan or baking dish lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30-40 minutes until softened.
- Remove garlic from bulbs. Add garlic to blender along with the rest of your ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Mix sauce with your favorite pasta.